Friday, November 25, 2005

White-breasted Nuthatch....Sitta carolinensis





These guy's will put on a show for you....they are fun to watch going up and down the side of a tree trunk....they put on this fierce "Act" when other birds are on the feeder's. It is a combo fluff out and wing spread show...along with head bob's and aggressive body movements. I have yet to see another bird..leave in fear...LOL so I guess the "Show" is just for onlooker's enjoyment. Many folks just call these the "Upside Down Bird".....
As you can see from the last photo..it was a rather windy day, yesterday. He was spinning round and round on this suet feeder....adding to his antics.

1 Comments:

Blogger Faira said...

I agree they are real characters! And they love the Suet Blocks!
I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time last year, when one of my local nurseries put out ten boxes of suet blocks to sell (for only two dollars a box), with 24 suet blocks to a box that was a real buy. And so I bought them all and put all those suet blocks into the freezer. This year and probably the next too, my garden friends will be winter feasting!

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home